We invite you to submit your videos, photos, articles, and comments in certain areas of our website, including email exchange. It is our hope that users will take the opportunity to contribute to these interactive forums and share your original content with our community. In order to keep these interactive forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below.
By submitting content, you are consenting to these rules:
- You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national, or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- is a duplicate or repost of something you’ve already posted on the site
- contains advertising
- contains a solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
- is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly remove any content that you have posted should you discover that it violates these rules or that it is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify MCA and its affiliates and their subsidiaries, and its and their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
- You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you.
- You certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
- You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
- You acknowledge and agree any use and/or reliance on any information obtained through the email exchanges at your own risk. We are not in any manner endorsing the content of the email exchanges and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
- For any content that you submit, you give us permission to use such content. Except as otherwise provided herein, You hereby grant to The Middleridge Civic Association a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, permission to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed. With respect to any photos submitted to the Middleridge website, MCA’s rights to such content shall be non-exclusive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our website and email exchanges are designed to allow useful information to be presented to MCA residents. Remember that you are responsible for what you post. MCA will remove posts that include profanity, hate speech, name-calling and personal attacks.
If you have a question about our email system, please read the FAQs below — they may answer your question. If not, please try us at our email address: XXXXX. Please be sure to include in your email your username, the email address you used to register and some context about the issue you’re having (e.g., the URL to which you posted a comment).
Do I have to register to comment?
You must register as an MCA resident. Registration is free.
Do my comments have to be approved before they are published?
We review comments to verify that they don’t violate site discussion guidelines. Any comment that violates our discussion guidelines is subject to removal.
Will my username be displayed with my comment?
Your username will be displayed with all comments and photos you post.
Can I change my username?
Yes. Note that your new username WILL NOT be reflected on past comments. We encourage commenters to use their real names as their username. Please do not choose anyone else’s name as your username. Impersonating anyone — including, but not limited to, other commenters, MCA Board members or public figures — violates this agreement and may result in a ban on your submission privileges.
Can I comment under multiple usernames?
No, doing so may result in a ban on your submission privileges.
What should I do if I see an offensive comment?
Submit an objection to our webmaster, via:
I’d like to report a comment as abusive, but don’t know if it is or not other than to me.
Submit an objection to our webmaster and explain why the comment is considered offensive to you.
I reported an offensive comment and it’s still visible on the site. Why?
When reporting a comment, be sure that it actually violates our agreements. Repeatedly reporting comments that do not violate our guidelines is disruptive to the moderation process and may result in a ban on your privileges.
If you’re reporting legitimately offensive content, you may need to refresh the thread to see that a comment has been removed. If you see that an offensive comment has not been removed or see a commenter posting consistently offensive content, please contact the comments team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your own username and detail your concern. If your concern is an offensive commenter, please provide the username. If your concern is a particular comment, please provide a link to it (click on the comment’s timestamp).
I don’t believe my comment violated your discussion guidelines. Why was it removed?
Be sure that your comment does not include name-calling and that it is appropriate to any current discussion.