- This event has passed.
General Membership Meeting
May 2 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Middleridge Civic Association
Bi-Annual MCA Meeting-May 2nd, 2019, 7:30pm at Oak View Elementary
Call to Order: 7:34pm
Board Members Present: John Tedrick David Simon, Karrie Kay
MCA Scholarship Winners!:
- MCA Scholarship committee: Greg Summer, Sheryl Baer and Don Gantz
- Winners: Ethan Rothstein and Matthew Ly
MCA is proud to present scholarships to Ethan and Matthew. Both boys grew up in Middleridge, are Robinson athletes and have outstanding GPA’s. Ethan will attend JMU and Matthew will attend Virginia Tech. Best of luck to both of you from Middleridge!
President: David Simon VP: Woody Hall Treasurer: John Tedrick Secretary: Karrie Kay
Review of Minutes: April Board Minutes—approved online
Treasurer’s Report: John Tedrick
Budget: With the continued escalation of expenses, this year represents the first time capital reserve funds were needed to balance the annual budget. Because of this, the Board was forced to raise the annual membership fee to $30. The additional funds raised by the increase in membership fees will not be realized until 2020 because most members paid their fees for 2019 in 2018. The board is hoping to make up the difference by finding corporate sponsors for upcoming events.
- Webmaster/Server Update—Joe Landry
Website has been updated with all Middleridge floor plans.
- Membership—Al and Sandy Obuchowski
366 members to date
- Publication (newsletter)—Catie Morales
Please send us Pet of The Month!! New advertisers always welcome.
- Welcoming—Carolyn Vaughan
- Neighborhood Watch—Vernon Campbell
Continuing Business—Issues and Updates
- The Lighting Fund project POC: Al Obuchowski
Plan to go forward with solar lighting on 1 neighborhood sign. We will get feedback from Middleridge neighbors.
- Middlegate Dr. Sign Repair/Replacement
Date will be forthcoming for sign instillation. Volunteers welcome!
- Entrance Signs Clean-up
Next-step-committee will be formed to decide color and type of paint that is needed to repaint the signs.
- Spring Yard Sale
Thank you to Erick Arraya for organizing. 40 homes in Middleridge participated. Another yard sale planned for the fall.
- Easter Egg Hunt
Thank you to Sarah Koch for organizing and Catie Morales for donating Golden Eggs! Another successful event!
- Feed the Firefighters POC: Maryn Simon
June 8th benefitting Burke Volunteer Fire Department. Email to donate food coming soon.
- Home and Garden Tour POC: Mary Vander Maten
July 20th Looking for 1-2 more homes. Please reach out to email@example.com
- NNO: Have suggestions for booths for NNO? Please contact David Simon@ firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential New Events
- Veterans Day POC: Marie Morris
Ribbons on mailboxes. Please reach out and let us know you are a veteran!
- Giving back to local Police
Pastries for Police in January. Neighborhood breakfast donations…stay tuned.
- Neighborhood suggestions/questions/concerns
Many vehicles parked on Paynes Church-safety issue.
–We will reach out to local safety officer for advice/suggestions.
Place of next meeting:
June 6th 7pm @ Catie Morales’ home