Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Executive Board Meeting April

April 11 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Middleridge Civic Association

November Executive Board Meeting —April 11th, 2019, 7:00pm at David Simon’s House

 

Call to Order:  7:08pm

 

Board Members Present:  David Simon; Al and Sandy Obuchowski; Woody Hall; Catie Morales; Carolyn Vaughan

 

 

Review of Minutes: March Board Meeting—approved online

 

 

Treasurer’s Report: John Tedrick – John was not available for the meeting, so no report was provided

 

Vice President’s Report:

Woody provided an update from the Braddock Council Meeting

  • Braddock Rd will see repaving this year (yea!)
  • State is providing a tax break to low income residents using the tax bill windfall
    • In addition, teachers and GMU personnel will see a pay raise
  • The best of Braddock awards need to be submitted by May31st if anyone is interested

 

Committee Reports

  • Webmaster/Server Update—Joe Landry
    • Member-access site was updated with the house floor plans for the neighborhood
  • Membership—Al and Sandy Obuchowski
    • 364 Members
  • Publication (newsletter)—Catie Morales
    • 2 new advertisers
  • Welcoming—Carolyn Vaughan
    • 2 new neighbors greeted
  • Neighborhood Watch—Vernon Campbell

 

Continuing Business—Issues and Updates

  • The Lighting Fund project    POC: Al Obuchowski
    • Continuing to look at options; Neighborhood can discuss further at the annual meeting in May
  • Middlegate Dr. Sign Repair/Replacement
    • Damaged sign was removed
    • New letter sets were purchased
    • Going to get an estimate for installation, otherwise, this will become an MCA event this summer

 

Events

Completed Events/Reports

 

Upcoming Events

  • Spring Yard Sale (FCE requesting concurrence)
    • Going forward with April 27th from 7am-1pm
  • Easter Egg Hunt
    • Sara Koch leading the effort
    • Still looking for volunteers to help day-of
  • Annual Meeting- May 2nd at Oakview 7:30pm– David Simon needs to send out a reminder about the annual meeting
    • Annual Scholarships
      • Winners should be notified and awards given at the annual meeting
    • Elections
      • New elections are needed; All members are welcome to participate
    • NNO
      • Looking to get 13 booths this year, so if anyone has ideas on who to invite
      • The board will look to help on this effort
        • If anyone in the neighborhood is interested in having a booth for their business or would like to help, they should contact Catie Morales
        • Hope to have the Robinson team from the last two years join us again
      • Feed the Firefighters
        • POC: Maryn Simon
        • Planned for June 8th

 

  • New Business:
    • Neighborhood concerns
      • Still need volunteers to decorate signs around the neighborhood
      • Will need help cleaning the neighborhood welcome signs-
        • Looking at setting up a day in May for this event- David Simon said he would send out another request for help on this effort

 

Place of next meeting: Annual Meeting at Oakview on May 2nd; Catie Morales’s House on June 6th

 

 

Adjournment: 8:27pm

Details

Date:
April 11
Time:
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm